beauty essentials

12.13.2013

A few people have asked me about my everyday make-up routine. To be honest with you, I don't even know how to put on make-up. I stick to the basics because the secret to wearing make-up is to make it seem like you're not wearing any :)
1. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!! On a fresh face I begin by putting on Clarins Vital Light Day SPF 15. This is lovely light feeling cream that really does make the skin appear brighter. It's not sticky and doesn't leave my skin oily. An absolute must for those of us with maturing skin. Your skin feels soft after application and is a brilliant base if you use foundation. Your skin will thank you!
 
2. Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Dark Spot Correcting: Love this primer for the fact that it's not only a primer but a dark spot corrector as well. In my earlier years, I was a tanning salon addict. Which in turn gave me somewhat noticeable dark spots near my cheekbone/eye area. I've only been using this product once a day and I already see an improvement after about 1 month's time. They recommend using it twice a day so you can just imagine the results you can achieve. They haven't disappeared but they have lightened. As for primer, I love it. It minimizes your pores and gives you a smoother appearance prior to your foundation or any other make-up.
 
3. MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer: This magic in a bottle concealer hides the dark circles under my eyes and any other little imperfections like there's no tomorrow. It's a little thicker than most concealer's but I guess that's why it does the trick :) On a moisturized face, this product goes on smooth and feels light once on. The packaging is small but will last you a long time.
 
4. Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder - Shine Control: Amazing translucent powder which is great for shine control. Truly a "no color" beautiful addition to any foundation or on clean skin. The most natural look available as it also doesn't leave a heavy powder trail on your face.

5. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: It works great on any eye shape and doesn't require a lot of pressure to get that perfect curl. Curls my straight thick lashes in just 3 seconds. Wouldn't use another eyelash curler after having used this one!

6. Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara: I love how this makes my eyelashes look. It adds volume and length without clumping. Really separates the lashes perfectly.

7. Dior Lip Maximizer: I love the way it erases all lines on my lips and it does actually plump them up. My husband noticed instantly! Also doesn't give that burning sensation as other lip plumpers do. The best thing to do is to follow the advice inside the box: use it day and night as an intensive treatment. It works.
 

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on 12.13.2013 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...