Every office has that one colleague that brings in home baked goodies to share with their coworkers. Your body wishes that they didn't but your mouth wants them to keep it coming. This week, our baking queen brought in this cheddar beer bread that we all devoured. I mean c'mon, the title of the recipe says it all. Beer + cheese + bread = palate heaven!!! I needed to have this recipe.
Made it last night and oh-freakin'-man was it delicious. The only downside, it literally takes 5 minutes to prep which means I will be making this way too often.
Of course I will share with you :)
3 cups of flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon chives
2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 + 1/4 cups of grated extra old cheddar cheese
1 1/2 bottle of beer (18oz)
1. Mix all ingredients together (except for 1/4 cup cheese), mixing in beer last. Batter should be the consistency of thick mashed potatoes.
2. Spoon into a well greased bread pan and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
3. Add the remaining 1/4 cheese to top of bread and bake for another 20 minutes. Broil for last 2 minutes of baking time.
4. Remove bread from oven when done and let sit in it's pan for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove bread from pan and let cool on a rack for another 10 minutes.