For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you'll know from my Friday tweet that I was "On an organizing frenzy. Damn you Pinterest!"
So many great ideas on Pinterest, so little time. But what I did have time for this past Friday was reorganizing my washroom under-the-sink cabinet and my fridge. With some great tips found onPinterest, I find myself opening my fridge doors every 5 minutes since the clean-up because I'm so impressed.
Here's my before of my fridge:
Andrew loves pickles as much as Snooki...take a look at that jar!! My fridge was a huge unorganized mess with different foods all mixed together.
And now the after:
1. Don't be shy, you can say you're impressed :)
2. I purchased clear tupperwares at the dollar store which I put all my berries in to make it neat and to be able to see what's inside easily.
3. In a bigger clear tupperware, I removed all my grapes from their branches and placed them in there and into my fruit drawer along with the larger fruits such as apples and tangerines, etc.
4. I also purchased baskets with handles at the dollar store to be able to pull out of the fridge easily. In one basket, all my condiments (mayo, ketchup, mustard, etc.) In the other basket, tomatoes and onions which didn't fit into my vegetable drawer.
5. All my bread on one side of the bottom long drawer and there's a separator which separates the other side which has cheeses and meats.
6. Leftovers all placed together and so on.
7. Since this picture, I also decided to remove my nail polishes and placed them in a little tupperware which I put in the cabinet under my sink in the master bath. This made room on a whole entire shelf in the fridge.
I feel much better now and nobody better mess with my fridge.
And now on to my washroom cabinet, before:
No words can express the disaster going on here. Moving on to the after picture:
Ahhh, much better.
1. Again, 2 baskets purchased at the dollar store. In one basket, all the first aid kit supplies for quick easy access. With children, you can never be too safe. Next to that basket is the alcohol, sterilized water, peroxide. In the other basket, all the medication such as aspirin, Nyquil/Dayquil, etc.
2. At the HomeSense, I purchased a hanging scott towel holder. I drilled it into the side of the cabinet and hung all my spray bottles. This made so much more room on the floor of the cabinet.
3. I also removed a few items which I feel didn't belong here and placed them in their proper new home.
These change took a little over an hour, as you can see from the change in temperatures of my fridge...lol (no food got harmed during this process)
Next on my list, the dreaded pantry. I'm resting a little before tackling that project.
For any of you looking to organize as well, take a look at the website The Container Store for all your bins and storage needs for cheap.
7 Comments »